Topic: A Capitalist, a Socialist, and a Communist walk into a podcast. No, it’s not the start of a bad joke, just a bad podcast. Malcolm Cawood, owner of Kyberntica, joins Antlerboy and JP to discuss his ideas behind “systems thinking”. He certainly will share his fairly well developed sense of his own self-importance. But, as an ultra-sceptic influenced both by scientific tradition, Greek stoicism, and (and this is key) Aristotle’s idea of rhetoric, he is totally subject to an overarching idea of “negotiability”. An interesting journey of reconciliation; how does a person who is hyper-critical of himself, always on the “left” and anti-business, come to own a consulting firm and have clients that include high-finance. We still don’t know. Give a listen and let us know if you figure it, and Malcolm, out.
|Hosts:||Joseph Paris, Founder of the OpEx Society & The XONITEK Group of Companies|
|Benjamin Taylor, Managing Partner of RedQuadrant, and Chief Executive of the Public Service Transformation Academy.|
Guest: Malcolm Cawood
● 1978-86: The wannabe academic: degree in English and a PhD in political drama that was never written.
● 1986-1993: The drift into local government, and drift around various education finance jobs.
● 1994-2002: The big change: voluntary redundancy, a 9 month round the world trip, and an MSc in Technical Communication and Human Computer Interaction, followed by happy days as a Technical Communicator.
● 2002-2013: Move into a consultancy role with Casewise, which developed processing modeling and enterprise architecture tools
● 2014 – present: freelance contractor, mainly with BG Group’s enterprise architecture team, and for the last three years, with a global bank’s Risk function
Please Subscribe Here